Traveling abroad in pursuit of studying is a common practice across the world for a long time. The case of Pakistan however, this is on the rise since the past few years.
Each year, 300k + Pakistani students leave for abroad studying for higher education. Most popular destinations among Pakistani students who want to pursue education include countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, China as well as Europe.
There are a few compelling reasons for this Inclination.
The main reasons why Pakistani students choose to go to international schools include:
- Insufficient world-class education infrastructure in Pakistan
- Talent not being recognized
- Lack of adequate, well-equipped facilities to students.
Unfortunately, there’s not any university in Pakistan which has been able to make it into the most prestigious 100 or even the top 500 universities. In addition, there aren’t any efficient part-time work opportunities to students.
After obtaining degrees, it can be a difficult struggle to get a job at well-known institutions due to the absence of selection based on merit.
Devaluation of the rupee is also played a significant role in this instance. The youth of Pakistan are fascinated to visit other countries where they are able to study at internationally known universities, while making money at the same time and manage to take some money back home as well. Experiential exposure is among major reasons for Pakistani students to go outside from their home country.
In the past, Canada is amongst some other nations that are highly sought-after location to Pakistani students. It is also interesting to note that Canada is now attracting an increasing number of people of Pakistan. Are you wondering why? Let us delve into it below:
Canada as a Country:
Canada isn’t just a random nation on earth It is actually the second-largest in terms of population, second only to Russia. It is therefore more easy to identify the diversity in culture, diversity and heritage that it offers those who follow it, as well as its geographical diversity.
If you go deeper and dig deeper, this nation delights you with its beauty. It has the most lakes, to the most extensive ocean in the world with polar bear-themed license plates, to the biggest number of doughnut restaurants worldwide, there’s that’s why this is among the most popular tourist places in the world and being among the nations that have the highest percentage of immigrants’ consumption.
A positive image of Canada The Trudeau Effect:
Canada has enjoyed a favorable image for a long time. As one of the most prosperous countries on earth, Canada is now becoming an extremely popular destination with foreigners and students. Study in Canada is also good option for Pakistani Students.
You can blame it on the splendor of this country’s scenery or the reforms implemented by the newly elected Premier of Canada Justin Trudeau such as simplifying immigration processes and combating climate change creating a gender-balanced cabinet, paying homage to any religion, and much more. Canada is fast becoming a popular destination for people across the world.
Not as popular:
Canada although it’s the second-largest country on earth, does not have a large population. The country is considered to be one of the factors behind the country’s booming economy (11th biggest globally) as well as better health care as well as education services.
It is important to remember that Canada is among the countries with the highest education levels in the world, boasting an astonishing 90 percent of the population being educated.
Canada – A Very Popular Option:
Canada is a preferred option for students across the globe. According to an analysis of statistics of 2016, in 2016, 353,000 students chose Canada to pursue higher education. In terms of Pakistani students, in the year 2010 about 2000 Pakistani students were admitted to Canada to pursue higher education and the number of students has been increasing over the past few years.
A Few Other Benefits to Consider:
Alongside the magnificent Niagara Falls, some of the additional benefits Canada provides include:
- World-class education: Canadian education standards are not in any way inferior to the standards from American, Australian or Britain’s. Canadian universities have found their way into the best 50 colleges and universities around all over the world.
Additionally, they provide many degrees in various disciplines to pick from. This means they can cater to the majority of students.
- Cost-effectiveness: When you are choosing one of the universities, the main factor that is a hindrance is price and cost. If you compare costs for tuition in UK, USA, and Australia, Canada had lower percentages among all. It is therefore an extremely popular choice for students.
- Living standards: Going abroad to study isn’t just about going to the college, but it’s about housing as well. Canada has very reasonable housing costs for students when compared with the rest world.
- Opportunities to Work: If living overseas, you have to make some money in order to pay for the expense. Canada can be a good option for this since it allows students to earn money while they research. Students are allowed to work 20 hours a week, with the exception during winter and summer breaks, when they are able to work as much as 30 hours each week. Another benefit our country gives is that the students do not always need to have a work permit in order to start working.
- Security and Safety: In the year 2016 Canada was listed as the eighth most peaceful nation around the globe, which is no doubt that it’s a top choice. For students in the early years it can be difficult to reside in a different nation on your own if it doesn’t provide adequate security precautions. If crime rates are as lower than that of Canada Who wouldn’t want to prefer it as a place to live or to study?
- Opportunities for Immigration: Canada is one of those countries where students are allowed to continue their education and encourages them to continue their career in Canada.
A good example is a post-graduation work permit this permit, students are able to gain work experiences in Canada as well as fund their education, if they want to continue their studies.
Furthermore, Canada offers immigration options for students as well. According to an analysis revealed the 51% who were students opted to attempt an permanent residence within Canada.
- Cultural celebration: Canada is one of countries in which each religion, culture and tradition is recognized and celebrated equally as opposed to countries where being Muslim is frequently regarded as an offense. Justin Trudeau’s cabinet is sending his Eid Mubarak message to Muslims as well as his enthusiastic speech for Muslims from Canada prove that racism is not a problem in Canada.
The Bottom Line:
These perks and facilities make study in Canada the top choice for Pakistani students. Studying in the Canadian school is a matter of prestige and is a win-win for Pakistani students since upon their return back to Pakistan the students are able to get jobs at a prestigious workplace that could otherwise be a tough ball to get. If they do not return to Pakistan after graduation, Canada’s post-graduation permit for work as well as immigration options are in place for them to take care of.