Curtain walls, those fancy glass walls on modern buildings, are beautiful and practical. But picking the right one can be confusing! This guide makes it easy, even for people not used to building talk.
What is a Curtain Wall?
Imagine a building, but instead of solid brick walls, it has beautiful glass ones. That’s a curtain wall! It hangs on the building’s frame, like a curtain, letting in light and views.
Why Choose a Curtain Wall?
Sunshine! Fresh air! Less energy is spent on lighting. Curtain walls let the outdoors in, making your building brighter, better for you, and even cheaper to run. They also look gorgeous, giving your building a modern, open feel.
Okay, I Want One! How Do I Choose?
- Think about your building: Is it an office, a home, or a shop? Each needs different things. Offices love lots of light, homes want privacy options, and shops need extra insulation.
- Budget time: Curtain walls come in different materials and prices. Pick one that fits your wallet, like budget-friendly aluminium or fancy, energy-saving triple-glazed glass.
- Performance matters: Does it get hot in summer? Cold in winter? Choose walls with special coatings or insulation to keep you comfy. Is noise a problem? Soundproof glass can help.
Style it up! From sleek and modern to classic and elegant, there’s a curtain wall style for every taste. Pick one that makes your building shine.
How Do I Find the Best Curtain Walling Contractors in the UK?
- Ask around: Get recommendations from friends, family, or your friendly neighbourhood builder.
- Check online: Look for curtain walling contractors with experience in your building type and budget. Read reviews and compare prices.
- Meet the team: Ask questions, see their past projects, and make sure they understand your needs.
How much does a construction curtain wall cost?
The price depends on your choices! Budget-friendly walls might start around £200 per square metre, while fancy high-tech ones can rise above £1,000. Don’t worry, though! Most contractors offer quotes, so you’ll know the exact cost before you buy.